JK APEX Front Axle Truss
A NEW ERA HAS BEGUN WITH THE ARRIVAL OF THE APEX TRUSS! Artec Industries is proud to announce the next generation of PATENT PENDING axle trusses. This series of trusses not only builds on our experience as the world leader in axle truss design, it brings it to a whole new level of cost savings, strength, weight savings, simplicity of installation, precision fitment, and complete axle protection never before seen in the industry.
The key feature that sets the APEX truss apart is its unique peaked shape top which provides extra rigidity to the whole truss while allowing both a reduction in weight (vs using a thicker material top) and eliminating long weld seams. Previous versions with long weld seams can lead to extra weld warping of the axle, longer install times and can be inconsistent. This peaked structure not only applies to the axle tube between the coil perches but extends underneath the coil perches as well, forming a complete truss from end to end of axle, an industry first in an OEM axle application. The JK APEX Truss that was secretly tested for over a year and a half proving that even though the truss is lighter weight, the peaked structure of the truss holds up to both extreme applications and daily driving.
The new JK APEX Front Axle Truss is the epitome of low cost, easy and quick to weld, simple, strong, and complete solutions for making your factory Jeep axle take more abuse than originally intended. You want easy insurance for your axle? The JK APEX Truss provides it.
- PATENT PENDING APEX truss peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- Truss is CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 1/8" mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution...only 7 lbs
- Truss is CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it's ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling*
- Designed used 3D models directly from Dana Corp and Jeep for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70% less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don't need to spend time welding them together
- APEX design continues under the OEM coil buckets for complete end-to-end axle reinforcement...an industry first
- Dimpled holes provide not only weight reduction but rigidity and strength
- Contours to the cast steel differential and can be welded with normal MIG welder and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- Provides worry-free wheeling of up to 37 inch tires on stock JK axles**
- Truss strengthens the weakest sections of the axle...under the coil perches, around the control arm brackets, and where the tube enters the casting
- Low Profile Design doesn't go over differential and allows usage in vehicles with only slight lift***
NOTE: Jeep offers different variations of axle housings. Please refer to the following diagram for details on which version to choose. If you have one model of a vehicle but have swapped in axles from another model, choose the model that the axles were originally in.
- JK3051 - Use on JK Sport/Sahara (Dana 30 front axle)
- JK4451 - Use on JK Rubicon (Dana 44 front axle)
*Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required.
**Stock axles have other components that may not hold up to the abuse of larger tires. Artec implies no guarantees that you will not break some component on your stock axles using larger tires. Use at you own risk.
** In rare and extreme cases, the truss may come into contact with oil pan. Prior to operating the vehicle, remove the coil springs, cycle the suspension including full compression of both sides simultaneously and add bumpstop extensions to prevent damage to oil pan.
***THIS KIT IS INTENDED FOR VEHICLES WITH AT LEAST MINOR LIFTS (2.0"+ RECOMMENDED)AND AT LEAST 1/2" BUMP STOP EXTENSIONS. CHECK CLEARANCES BEFORE INSTALLING. NOT TESTED IN NON-US JKs or RIGHT HAND DRIVE AXLES.**
NOTE: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills including welding to the cast center section. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.